Exponentially Promoting Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
Self-eSTEM’s vision is to create future science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) leaders and eliminate the critical shortage gap of STEM professionals by building a diverse, inclusive and sustainable workforce pipeline comprised of minority young women and girls.
Self-eSTEM promotes science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) to young minority girls and women, and builds their self-esteem through the exposure to hands-on and interactive learning activities in the Bay Area. We use an integrated approach to provide support from pre-college to college, and from college to career. By attracting, training, and retaining young girls and women from underrepresented communities, Self-eSTEM will create thriving learning communities where individuals have access to STEM opportunities, and can develop the critical and systems thinking skills needed to meet the demands of the 21st century.
Annual STEM Camp
- To recruit, spark STEM curiosity and ignite systems thinking
- Model STEM leadership for participants increasing their confidence and positively influencing attitudes toward STEM topics
- Curate hands-on, interactive experiences and engaging conversations with STEM professionals
STEM Networking Club
- Engage STEM cohort by encouraging the pursuit of STEM-centric careers and studies
- Dive deeper into STEM concepts and provide additional knowledge for college-preparedness
- Curate hands-on, interactive networking experiences and engaging conversations with STEM professionals
STEM Internship & Career Services
- Place untapped talent in STEM business and industry
- Source paid internships
- Identify on-the-job training
- Prepare participants for corporate and community leadership
- Professional & Career Development workshops
- Networking opportunities with influential women in STEM
For 2018 individual giving statement(s), email firstname.lastname@example.org.