2019 Theme – Collaboration #STEMmode
Location: Roses in Concrete Charter School (4551 Steele Street, Oakland, CA)
Time: Monday, July 15 – Friday, July 19 from 9:00am to 3:30pm and Saturday, July 20 from 11:00am to 1:00pm
Following the hit TV show “Shark Tank” Self-eSTEM participants will become aspiring entrepreneurs as they collaborate to deliver business presentations to a panel of STEM investors or “sharks”, who will decide if they will invest in their company as business partners. Their business will focus on creating a product that will solve a problem or disrupt a business industry. Issues and business industries will range in various categories, such as construction, health and beauty, food and wellness, communication, social impact and city planning. STEMpreneurs, working in small groups, will research and collaborate to create a prototype that solves a business need. Leveraging research, collaboration, math and engineering design thinking principles, participants will create a “pitch deck” based on their market research. Their product prototype will create leveraging a 3D modeling software for 3D printing production.
2019 camp participants have been selected and we are no longer accepting new applications.
Sign up to volunteer – HERE
Critical information for 2019 camp parents/participants
- If you RSVP’ed for the camp and your child can no longer attend, please email Adamaka (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP, as we have a long wait list.
- Below are a few additional reminders:
- Complete Pre-Camp Survey – HERE (Extended due date of July 12th)
- Please create a free Tinkercad account for each child before camp starts. An account is needed for their camp project. Visit www.tinkercad.com.
- Below are camp reminders and the camp agenda for your reference. Please check your email for additional information.
- We are looking for more volunteers for Friday, July 19 to help with our Science Carnival. Click the volunteer form – HERE .